Exporting a copy of the IWOC communications

Hi! Is there a way to download a pdf of all the conversations from our Discourse? We do our official voting on there and I don’t know if all our votes have been saved. Thank you :slight_smile:

I did find some documentation on how to export data from Discourse (it was here: Topic and Category Export/Import - developers - Discourse Meta). But I’m not sure it will be in the format you might find useful. Can you say more about what you are looking to do? There might be easier ways to do it.

Hi! So when we pass motions, we have to email a completed copy of the motion and discussion (the thread) to our main office. We also are subject to being audited and need to present a copy of all our funding motions (threads). Over time, I’ve saved most of them individually after they are concluded. Maybe I’ve even saved them all. I don’t know. Rather than trying to print each individual thread to a pdf, it would be great if I could get a copy of all of it. Thank you :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if the export will help with that. It seems that the exported file will be in a text format called “JSON” - which is useful for re-importing into another instance or Discourse, but is going to look like an overwhelming sea of plain text, without line breaks or formatting, if you open it up directly.

I know it’s tedious but for your purposes I am afraid that finding the threads via the web and printing them to a PDF is probably the best course.