2019 Membership Meeting: What it means to be a coop

Please use this space to share your thoughts on what it means to be a coop, thoughts on our financial report and anything else.

I came across this document:
[https://mayfirst.coop/en/expanded-strategy-team-2019/](Proposal for Growth, Sustainability and Recruitment) while trying to prepare myself for the mumble meeting starting in about an hour. Two thumbs up! I think coops are a particularly good example of a situation where if you put in more than you take out, the organization grows. I’m hoping I can figure out how to get involved, although I’m having a hard time so far finding openings into engaging helpfully. As the Proposal says, “In fact, our more significant problem is our internal communications and consciousness of our members. Most May First members are not integrated into our work at all. They seldom contact each other or our leadership.” I’ve got skills, experience and time, perhaps the coop form will find May First making it easier for those of us outside the inner circle to put in more to help it grow.