Nextcloud Feeds App

Hi all, I know the Nextcloud team is rather conservative about installing new Nextcloud features, but I wanted to suggest one. I’ve been looking for a new RSS reader recently and someone suggested that I try the Nextcloud News App (News - Apps - App Store - Nextcloud). They have an app for Android as well, which is one of my requirements, and I’d love to try them, but none of the Nextcloud instances I have access to through various co-ops and collectives have it installed. I don’t know whether it’s any good or not, but I’d love it if the tech team could evaluate it if you have the time. And if not, of course, I understand. Thanks for your consideration, I’d love to try it out!

Hi, and thanks for posting this. We are currently working on developing a process for receiving and evaluating requests like this in a more formal way that allows our members, board and staff to participate in deciding whether a new software service is something we can and should maintain for all members. This may take some time.

But if you need a feed reader right away you might be able to self-host something like FreshRSS in a May First hosting order. It looks like any of shared servers meet the minimum requirements.

I don’t normally self-host both because I generally want more reliability than one person can provide and prefer to work with others (I’m happy to help on this in any way that I can as well), and also because I’m just not very good at it, but thanks for the suggestion, I’ll look into FreshRSS! In the mean time, let me know if I can help any way with evaluating the plugin.