Nonpriviledged jabber account for compliance testing

Hi tech team,

I wonder if we could provision a non-priviledged jabber account for compliance testing? The following tool graphs changes in support for various specifications over time, and is used by a number of other tools to determine servers to recommend:

I’d love it if Mayfirst were one of the listed services, but we’d want a separate account that’s possibly restricted from sending federated messages in case their database of passwords is ever leaked.

I’d be happy to help with this as I have a good deal of experience in the XMPP community and managing Prosody and Ejabberd servers. I’ve been struggling to figure out how to get involved, so anything I can do to help please let me know! Thanks!

Hi, can you tell us a little more about what you mean by unprivileged account? Any user created in our control panel can connect to our Prosody XMPP (jabber) server but you could create a new user under your membership specifically for testing with.

I was thinking a user that can’t create chat rooms or send federated messages (to prevent it from being used for spam if the password was ever leaked), but I didn’t realize I could create multiple accounts so that might work perfectly if so. It’s not as if there aren’t tons of open servers anyways, so one account isn’t the kind of low hanging fruit spammers are likely to go after.