"Vanguard Stacks" - would love feedback on an article inspired in part by MFMT

For several months now, I’ve been working on this article, “Vanguard Stacks: Self-Organizing against Digital Colonialism.” It draws in part on my experience with MFMT and its lessons for others seeking to challenge the power of big tech. I’m sorry that it’s quite academic in tone and length; as I generally do, I plan to also publish a shorter and more accessible summary once I feel confident in the ideas.

If it’s of interest, I’d love to hear any thoughts y’all have about this—either in this space or directly to me by email: n@nathanschneider.info.

Thanks for considering!

3 Likes

I’ve only read the first few pages so far - but it looks great. I look forward to reading the whole thing. Nice to see League of Revolutionary Black Workers mentioned in the beginning - Jerome Scott was one of the co-founders of the League and also is our Board’s co-chair.

2 Likes

That’s such a neat connection—I had no idea!

1 Like

I have recently started to think that the worker cooperatives just need to perform better than the “normal” companies oriented around king-of-the-hills. It is a straightforward battle of ideas and worker democracy has a good chance of winning, because they can be more engaged that the hired hands from the other side :smile:

So my vanguardism will be about focus on day to day work, becoming highly competent in the trade, finding and partnering with like-minded workers and outcompeting the undemocratic enterprises :smile:

2 Likes